How to Sell Your Salt Lake County Home and Always Come Out Ahead
Today our blog is all about home sellers. If you are thinking of selling your home, you might have already noticed a lot of mixed signals in this shifting market. Interest rates have gone up in some areas, while they have remained still in others. Here in Salt Lake County, FHA loan rates are staying steady at 4.25%, while conventional mortgage interest rates remain at around 4.5%.
Selling your home without losing money on it is important, so how exactly do you do that? Here are 3 simple rules to follow to make sure you don’t lose any money on your sale.
- Look at every home as an investment
- Your home is not just your home, but a product you are buying, using, and reselling at a profit, and you need to treat it accordingly.
- Only make improvements that pay for themselves
- Check out this article to see the best improvements you can make on your home that will bring the best return.
- Sell during the best local conditions
- You can monitor these conditions yourself, or have a professional real estate agent like myself do the hard work for you. Either way, it’s important to understand where our Salt Lake County real estate market is heading before listing your home for sale.
If you want to sell your home and need to get into your new property by the beginning of the school year (like most of our clients do) now is the time to make your move. Contact us for your free home value report, the first step in getting your home ready for the market!